When to Submit:
Prune Juice appears 3x a year. Please only submit during the posted reading periods to ensure your submission is considered.
Please submit between January 1st – 31st
Please submit between May 1st – 31st
Please submit between September 1st – 30th
What to Submit:
Prune Juice is seeking submissions of original, previously unpublished* English Senryu which showcase the vast expanse of the human condition from around the world. We also seek Kyoka, Haibun, Haiga, and Linked Forms with a Senryu twist.
To get a sense of what work we publish, please read the Prune Juice Book of Senryu (FREE PDF 10th Anniversary Anthology) and browse back Issues and Archives.
Where To Send:
Send all submissions to PruneJuiceJournal(at)gmail(dot)com with the Subject Line “PRUNE JUICE SUBMISSION”.
What to Include in your Email:
1. Your NAME as you wish it to appear in publication
2. COUNTRY of residence
3. Up to 10 SENRYU or KYOKA in the body of the email, not attached
4. Up to 3 HAIBUN or GEMBUN in the body of the email, not attached
5. Up to 3 LINKED FORMS in the body of the email, not attached
6. Up to 3 HAIGA attached in JPEG format and of a sufficient quality/size for online publication
7. Any SOCIAL MEDIA handles you wish for us to use in our postings
* What’s Considered “Previously Unpublished?”
Here at Prune Juice, we believe ‘previously published’ poems are those that have been previously selected for publication by another editor. Therefore, any work or drafts that you have self-published or workshopped on social networking sites are still considered here at Prune Juice.
Rights & Rules:
We require “First Rights,” meaning we want to be the first venue to present the poems to the public. All rights revert to the authors upon publication. Prune Juice retains the right reprint content from its issues on Prune Juice social media sites, with proper citation.
Authors do retain all rights to their work. However, we also require “Non-Exclusive Electronic Permissions” to archive content from back issues, and to reprint content from back issues in any potential forthcoming features and anthologies.
Copyright © 2021 Prune Juice